The digger – passion for research of underground roads, passages and tunnels in the 60-ies of the last century became popular in many Western countries. In the 1980s it was captured and Soviet youth, having received serious development in Moscow and Leningrad. With the advent of the new century, the digger and got to the Urals, the city which keeps a lot of underground secrets.
The greatest interest among Siberian diggers in the last decade causes the Tomsk – one of the oldest Siberian cities, founded in 1604 by decree of Tsar Boris Godunov. Much of this interest has contributed to the legend of Gustine, or Franche-Zion – the ancient city once located on the site of modern Tomsk. Preserved information about that in the XVII century the first Russian settlers made unsuccessful attempts to find a mythical city. However, only in the second half of the twentieth century, after the beginning of active development of the historic centre of Tomsk, the builders began to encounter mysterious tunnels and underground structures, information about which several decades later was actively interested in Tomsk diggers. In particular, in 2002 the Central Department store building was found concreted and half flooded
room, from which in different directions took several tunnels with brick and timbered ceilings.
According to the researchers Tomskgazprom the world, these tunnels run through the whole Central part of the city and walk from Voskresenskaya mountain into the river Tom. In 2005 a group of enthusiastic diggers under the direction of Igor Domnina formed through the ground failure in the area of the Campus has managed to sneak in a vaulted room of enormous size, which revealed the figures of four knights in rusty armor. Behind ancient warriors discernible outlines of the entrance to the next room, well-laid hewn stones.
The diggers decided to rise to the surface, so that, armed with the necessary tool the next day to continue exploring the amazing finds. However, the collapse of the ground, which happened soon after, prevented the group I. Domnina to complete the work.
In 2007, in a failed underground of one of the old houses along the street Roses Luxembourg, five meters down, researchers blocked the way to the stone, opening the tomb. The boulder was covered by the mysterious signs which vaguely resembled Egyptian hieroglyphs. One of the scientists of the Tomsk University has put forward an amazing hypothesis that such signs, we may have conservation value and represent a text of a magic spell.
These facts allowed a number of diggers to conclude that in Tomsk the catacombs, most likely, kept some relics or treasures belonging to the unknown civilizations of the past, and maybe even the famous Golden Baba (legendary idol, object of worship of the indigenous inhabitants of the North), the traces of which are lost in these parts.
The study of the underground Vladivostok began in 1997 after the city hearings have spread: the pier, near the centre, where lies the street Uborevicha, lives underground kind of bird that eats people. Vladivostok diggers, of course, no bird found, but managed to do it in the catacombs of the old city fortress some wonderful discoveries and interesting observations. In particular, the researchers were astonished at the unusual confusion of her mazes.
The attention of diggers was chained to the tunnel, marching toward the sea to the North of the port. 500 metres from the coastline, the passage of the tunnel was blocked by a strange construction of stones and heavy metal rods. What is behind it, until now no one could not figure out, however, in 2009 the digger Sergey Burakov together with two friends heard coming from behind the impregnable barrier of the strange sounds that resembled the noise of the machinery. It is also noteworthy that in the place where, presumably, the mysterious tunnel should go out to sea, witnesses from time to time see a strange luminous objects, emerges from the water.
Diggers enthusiastically explore and dungeons of the fortress Fort No. 3, which, as it turns out, are very ancient graves, to touch which to this day no one dared. Furthermore, it is known that this Fort has a legend about a White grandfather, who is alleged from time to time appears here.
And the catacombs of Omsk, according to modern diggers kept secret famous gold of Admiral Kolchak (the gold reserve of the Russian Empire), which had disappeared in the Civil war. In the first third of the last century there was an opinion, backed up by information from the Moscow geographical society, under the Omsk underground passages no no. However, in the mid-1930s, during the digging of the pit builders accidentally found the secret passage, which impressed the officers of the local NKVD. There is evidence that even then the chekists suggested: Royal gold could be hidden Kolchak here. Soon the town started talking, as if these tunnels go missing local kids, eager to just mysterious. After several months of examination of the excavation moves buried, forgetting about them for two decades until in 1957 which began the drift did not cut off part of the coast Omi, resulting in exposing the entrance to the cave.
The surge of interest in Omsk the catacombs occurred at the beginning of the twenty-first century, when research and engineering in the basement of the regional Prosecutor’s office workers stumbled upon the arched brickwork. A year later there were reports that the diggers on the territory of the oldest in the city, CHP-1, was built in 1910, was found a previously unknown basement with several – half a meter high – moves-branches, one of which found shackled human skeleton with fragments of white decayed form. This finding forced to recall the old stories that Admiral Kolchak in the fall of 1919, ordered to kill people who hid at his direction the value of the Royal Treasury.
In 2003, during the demolition of the old building near the Serafimo-aleksievskaya chapel, collapsed wooden floors, hidden deep underground. In the resulting cache, the builders found a couple of army boxes with melee weapons, in Bank-notes and silver coins of the Royal mint, which gave occasion to talk about unsolved to this day, the mystery of Admiral Kolchak.
Despite its relative “youth” underground structures of the capital of Siberia – Novosibirsk
– also keep a lot of secrets over which researchers enthusiasts struggling since the mid 90-ies of XX century. In particular, of special interest for the diggers is a mysterious four-storey building under the Opera and ballet Theatre, reminiscent of a huge hopper. According to historians and ethnographers, it was built in 1943 on special orders from Moscow, and, quite possibly, he was one of the many underground shelters intended for the USSR leadership. In 2001, the researchers of the Novosibirsk underground has discovered a tunnel laid in its narrow gauge railway, which led to the railway station and the building of Novosibirsk River school. In the same year, while digging a trench near this educational institution, the drifters have reached the gallery of masonry, which was soon out of curiosity went down two College students.
According to one of them, little passing through the gallery, they saw it expanded, and soon found himself in a huge tunnel, like a subway, with electric lights and gauge. According to the diggers, the tunnel in 40-60-ies of the last century led in the direction of the city airport, covering the building of the headquarters of the Siberian military district and the air force, as well as the KGB school on main street, and was one of the most secret underground objects of Novosibirsk. Unfortunately, with the collapse of the Soviet Union detailed information about this and many other mysterious structures in Siberia, unfortunately, was irretrievably lost.