Famous Gothic buildings
Gothic-city. 5 the most famous Gothic buildings in St. Petersburg
Coral-colored facade decorated with delicate white ornaments, with a notched parapet and pinnacles, and domes of churches topped with small spires, on each of which V“ a graceful cross. In one of the reels was a big bell weighing about 100 kg, the remaining seven small bells reinforced in another Chapter.The Iconostasis was built based on a sketch Felten, it was decorated with old Italian icon.
The Church was closed on 1 June 1919, Chesme Church was on the site of the first forced labor camp in Soviet Russia. In 1924, the bell tower and the bells were removed and sent to be melted down. Some time instead of a cross on the dome were installed sculptures of anvils, pincers and hammer.
Later in the Church acted the archive Glavnauka carpentry and Road Institute, a warehouse of Aviation instrument-making Institute. In 1930 the interior was destroyed by fire, the facade was badly damaged in duringsecond world war.
The building began to recover in 1960-ies, and divine services were resumed in 1991. In 1998 consecrated restored under drawings and sketches of the iconostasis. Today the Church is an architectural monument of Federal significance and refers to Saint-Petersburg eparchy of the Russian Orthodox Church.
The Manor Of Novoznamenka
The building near St. Petersburg was built after, as in 1829, the estates of the Naryshkin has acquired a Senator and Director of the assignat Bank Pyotr Vasilyevich Matlab. He renamed the estate to the Novoznamenka and moved back his library with 18 thousand volumes.
Matlab died in 1833, shortly after the completion of construction In the”Gothic house”, which was inherited by his son, the poet Ivan Myatlev. About here are similar to Gothic Lancet Windows, doors and high Central part, protruding forward like a quadrangular castle tower.
It is known that here Peter Tchaikovsky graduated in 1866, his first Symphony”Winter Gresev”. In 1870 the library moved in In the”Gothic Dong” and was attached to him glassed-in porch to house the collection of portraiture Myatleva.
In the end of XIX century there was a hospital for the mentally ill V“ then inside the mansion was partially rebuilt, destroying the luxurious interiors. During the war it was practically razed to the ground, but was later reinstated. Today she remains in the state V“ after a major fire in 2011 the house was flooded with water, and while the restoration has not begun.
The Church of Peter and Paul in Pargolovo
The Church of the Holy apostles Peter and Paul V“ the main attraction of the village of Pargolovo. It is located in Shuvalovsky Park and refers to Saint-Petersburg eparchy of the Russian Orthodox Church.
The estate of Pargolovo in 1820-ies belonged to the widow of count Paul Shuvalov Varvara Petrovna. After the death of her first husband she married the master of ceremonies of the Imperial court, the Swiss count Adolf Polje, but the marriage did not last long V“ in 1830 Polier died. His ashes were buried in the crypt, built in the Gothic style by the architect Alexander Briullov.
The article on the topic Head in the clouds. 5 tallest buildings in St. Petersburg a Year later the widow Shuvalov and Polje was given permission to build near the Church, provided that the non-Orthodox tomb of the count will be outside of the Church fold. The temple was consecrated in honor of Holy apostles Peter and Paul. Its construction lasted 10 years due to financial difficulties of the owner of the estate. The architect was also Brullov, created simply drawing the walls, lined with yellow limestone. The bell tower was crowned with an openwork spire.
After 1917 the Church remained assigned to the Spaso-Pargolovsky Church and was finally closed in 1935. It is known that here he was married the composer Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov with Nadezhda Purgold, and best man at the wedding was modest Mussorgsky.
After closing the temple was almost completely ruined, he removed the upper tier of the bell tower and spire, the iconostasis and sculptures of the apostles destroyed.In Soviet times, worked as a physiotherapy room of the sanatorium and experimental laboratory of the Institute of high frequency currents named after V. P. Vologdin. Restoration of the interior began in 1954, but in the 1980s, the Church again fell into ruin. A decent he returned only in the post-Soviet period.
The Church Of The Nativity Of John The Baptist
The Church of St John the Baptist, or John the Church was built in 1778 according to the project of Yury Felten when wheelchair home of the sailors of the Baltic fleet.
Like many other projects Felten, is an example of neo-Gothic or Russian Gothic. From afar it can even take over the Catholic Church. The author decided to stick to the simple style and left her bare, with walls of red brick with pointed arched dome of gray. At the entrance is arranged in a single-tiered bell tower with a quadrangular grey tent replacement canopy. Reminiscent of the Gothic Lancet window and a narrow canopy over the entrance. The wooden iconostasis is also slightly stylized Gothic.
During the reign of Paul I, the Church was handed over to the Maltese order, and arranged the cemetery of the Maltese knights. The churchyard was closed after the accession of Alexander I to the Imperial throne. After the construction of the Kamennoostrovsky Palace, the Church was transferred to it. The most famous in the history of the temple can be called the fact that it was here that he baptized two of his children Alexander Pushkin.
The Church was closed on 15 March 1938, and in its devastated interior was occupied by different organizations. She was returned to the parish in 1989, in November 1990 it resumed service. Today the Church refers to Saint-Petersburg eparchy of the Russian Orthodox Church, is part of Petrogradsky district of new Jersey.
Pseudo-Gothic building close to metro station”Black Rechka” is the only surviving part of the architectural ensemble of the Stroganov dacha. In the mid-nineteenth century this area was part of St. Petersburg, because there prevailed a rustic Chalet buildings.
The article on the topic Here was the capital. 8 photos of government buildings in Petrograd, the House was built in Gothic revival style by architect Pyotr Sadovnikov, who was considered”family sodding” family of the Stroganovs. A plot near the Black river, count Pavel Stroganov gave his daughter Elizabeth, published in 1827, married captain of Lejb-guards hussar regiment of Prince Ivan Saltykov. For a young family built a stone cottage, which the Gardeners began, and completed Bosse Harald, the author of many of St. Petersburg mansions. The interiors of the building were converted Into”in the style of Louis XV”.
After 1917 the building was occupied by the hospital, in the 1930s the school, since 1946 V” dispensary. During the construction of the metro in the interiors of the count’s dacha lived inside, then over 10 years it was empty and had been looted. In the late 1970-ies near the dacha Saltykova was filmed the movie”Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson”. In 1991 it was restored and purchased by a private company.In